Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hope

A thirteen-year-old boy whose family is part of our local church congregation died this morning at 11:30am. I didn't know him well, but I did observe that we was a sweet and compassionate kid. When my oldest son, who's 7 now, went to Rock the Rock (our version of vacation bible school), this young man reached out to and ministered to him. I am praying for and grieving with this family.

This is the second tragic death that I've been associated with in the last 7 days. One of my best friends' sister passed away after intermittent battles with cancer. She was 30 years old.

Some people leave us way too early. And we grieve over these. From their vantage point however, now safe in Jesus' arms, seeing him face to face and not through a glass darkly, they are in paradise. What would we do without this hope? And as St Paul says, hope is not wishful thinking. Hope does not disappoint us (Rom 5.5).

No comments:

Post a Comment